Monday, May 24, 2010

How do I (Why cant I) turn the web-based Instant messaging off in the email page?

I go to my email page in order to check my email... not to IM and chat with people. I dont like being harassed by everyone who hasnt been able to IM me in the past two years every time I check my email. If I want to chat, I will log on with my real IM program.

How do I (Why cant I) turn the web-based Instant messaging off in the email page?
You can NOT remove the new Chat feature from your Classic Mail----BUT you can disable it so it doesn’t sign you in when you go to Mail.


When the page loads, look for the IM contact list on the left hand side. Click where your status says “Available” and then select “Sign out of Chat”. This will disable the feature.


Yes, the little blue box is still on the page under the trash---but it's disabled,-- until, and/or, IF you choose to reactivate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

web email Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting